Gary D. Laws

Thursday, July 25, 2013

"Re-Creating Church with Feats of Strength" by Gary Laws



 

"Re-Creating Church with Feats of Strength" by Gary Laws


I attended church services this past week with my son and his family. My wife and I are visiting them in Enid, Oklahoma.

The music was loud, even raucous at times. You could hardly hear yourself think. However, as I looked around I noticed how engaged everyone was in the service of worship and it's music....not in some sort of 'pied piper', reckless way, but all seemed to be enjoying what they considered to be their sincere form of worship.

The guest preacher was an 'athlete' who breaks bricks and bends iron re-bar rods then bends sturdy fry pans into unrecognizable shapes. He is a Christian with a passion to reach the youth for Jesus.

While none of this is my particular 'cup of tea', I must admit that God was in that place. It's congregants were honoring the God who had saved them. There was, in my view, the unmistakable presence of God's Holy Spirit.

More power to them.

No comments: