Gary D. Laws

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Holiness in New York?

Today I worshiped with the good folks at North Side Baptist Church in Liverpool, New York. The community is part of the metropolitan Syracuse area in Central Upstate New York on the edge of the Adirondack Mountains, six hours northwest of New York City.

The church is a moderate sized fellowship with about 300 congregants in each of two services. The pastor is the Reverend Bruce Aubrey who leads alongside several Pastoral Assistants. The church is friendly, the music contemporary, but worshipful. The congregation represents a wide range of age groups from teenagers to senior citizens, all of whom seem very engaged in the service.

It was a real blessing listening to the Pastor bring his message on Holiness which, in my opinion, is a much needed topic in all churches today. The Pastor is deliberate and paced in his delivery and always has appropriate illustrations (and humor) to underscore the points that he makes. He is well studied! It was a meaningful service for me on a topic I could stand to hear over and over again. All in all, a great blessing to those in attendance, I am sure. I have been stopping by pretty regularly in order to support my daughter Donna who has been going there for quite some time now.

My son-in-law, Rev. Doug Turner of Bridgeway Baptist in Alpharetta, Georgia recommended the fellowship!

All in all, a great worship experience.

No comments: